Wednesday, 07 September 2022 | PNS | DEHRADUN
The Dehradun district is increasingly becoming a hotspot of the vector-borne disease dengue. On Tuesday the State health authorities reported 12 new patients of dengue in the district. With it, the number of dengue patients in the district increased to 67 in this season.
The district vector-borne diseases officer of Dehradun, Subhash Joshi said that three female and nine male patients of the disease were reported on the day. He said that these patients of the disease are admitted in different hospitals of the city and the condition of all patients is stable.
Dengue is a viral infection spread by the mosquito Aedes Aezypti popularly known as Tiger Mosquito. The symptoms of the disease are persistent high fever, rashes, headache, and pain in the joints. In the acute cases, the platelets number decreases drastically which may prove fatal for the patient. In Uttarakhand, the disease is more prevalent in Dehradun, Haridwar, Nainital, and Udham Singh Nagar districts.
Ways to prevent Dengue
- Don’t allow water to collect in and near houses.
- Regularly decant fridges, coolers, pots or cans.
- Spread kerosene or any other oil on the small water bodies to destroy the larvae of the Aedes mosquito.
- Inform the district authorities for fogging to kill mosquitoes.
- Since Aedes strikes during day time and flies near ground level so wear full sleeved clothes at work places.
- Immediately seek medical advice when someone develops fever.