After the Uttarakhand cabinet’s decision of providing relief to people after the imposition of Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, the president of Uttarakhand Transport Mahasangh said that they will be conducting an all-union meeting in Rishikesh on Friday, only after which will they decide on their next course of action.
The Mahasangh’s president Sudhir Rai said, “We have still not received complete information about the entire compounding list. So far, it appears that the reductions in some hefty penalties are sound, but we can only take any concrete decision after the review meeting with all our union representatives. For this we will be conducting a meeting in Rishikesh on Friday, during which we will make plans about our next steps.”
It is pertinent to mention here that on Wednesday, the Mahasangh had called on all transport unions to not operate any commercial vehicle throughout the state in order to register their protest against the drastic increase in penalty amounts for various traffic offences.
Friday, 13 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- MCD issues 20 notices for defacement of public property December 13, 2019
- Assam explodes, 3 die in CAB fire December 13, 2019
- CM directs steps for crowd management in Kumbh Mela December 13, 2019
- Candid Notes December 13, 2019
- CM inaugurates Doon Haat December 13, 2019