Dept monitoring tiger movement after it injured one man
A calf had a dramatic stare-down with a tiger in a forest post in Terai central forest division on Tuesday. After the department staff made noise, the tiger went away into the jungle. However, later the tiger reportedly attacked and injured a Van Gujjar.
A calf was browsing near the forest post at Motiya Line gate in Bhakhda range. On seeing a tiger appear suddenly, the bovine ran towards the forest post with the tiger following it. For some time the tiger and the calf stared at each other from close distance. The forest department staff then made noise which caused the tiger to move back into the jungle.
It is being reported that later, a Van Gujjar who had gone to search for his buffaloes in the woods encountered a tiger which attacked the buffaloes and the man. The injured Van Gujjar ran from the site even as forest staff arrived and again created noise to save the man. He was treated in the hospital and is said to be okay. After this incident, the forest department has installed a camera trap at the site of the incident and is monitoring the movement of the tiger.
Wednesday, 12 August 2020 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- Moto E7 Plus with dual rear camera launched in India for Rs 9,499 September 24, 2020
- Bihar DGP quits, likely to take electoral plunge September 24, 2020
- Actor Poonam Pandey’s husband gets bail in assault case September 24, 2020
- Rohit stars in Mumbai Indians’ 49-run win over KKR September 24, 2020
- Rafale offset pact flouted: CAG September 24, 2020