The State Meteorological Centre has issued an alert of heavy snowfall and rainfall in which it said that some isolated places of the state, particularly in Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag, Bageshwar, and Pithoragarh districts, are likely to receive rain and snow on January 5 and 6. Hailstorm is also likely to lash some places, especially in Dehradun, Tehri, Pauri, Haridwar, Nainital, Champawat and Udham Singh Nagar districts, during the next 36 hours starting from the evening of January 5. For Dehradun, the maximum and minimum temperatures on Saturday are likely to be 19 degree Celsius and 8 degree Celsius respectively.
The weather would remain partly to generally cloudy also on January 7 and 8, the Met centre said. Very light rain and snowfall is likely to occur at a few places like Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Pithoragarh districts on these two days. Mist is likely to form in Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar districts on these days.
The maximum and minimum temperature recorded in various places of the state on Friday was 20.6 degree Celsius and 4.6 degree Celsius in Dehradun, 17.3 degree Celsius and 1.5 degree Celsius in Pantnagar, 12.7 degree Celsius and 0.8 degree Celsius in Mukteshwar and 12 degree Celsius and 1.6 degree Celsius in New Tehri respectively.
You might also like
- I’m not here for fame: Radhika August 7, 2020
- Sushant death: Rhea, family members among six named in CBI case August 7, 2020
- BCCI, Vivo suspend IPL partnership for 2020 August 7, 2020
- ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ actor Samir found hanging in Mumbai home August 7, 2020
- Manoj Sinha new J&K L-G, Murmu appointed CAG August 7, 2020