State combining natural beauty & adventure to boost tourism: CM
Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated a hot air balloon show held at the Police Lines as part of the hot air balloon festival 2019 organised jointly by Savia Aviation Private Limited and Uttarakhand Police here on Friday. Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Rawat said that this event will help attract the youth of Uttarakhand towards adventure sports, adding that there are considerable opportunities for adventure tourism in the state. He expressed hope that in the coming times, hot air ballooning will take a bigger form in the sphere of adventure tourism.
The CM further said that scope for hot air balloons in the mountainous regions will also be ascertained. A small beginning had been made in the Gauchar Mela. The State government is attempting to facilitate more development in this area. A conclave will be held soon involving agencies involved in adventure activities, he said. Rawat further said that the state government is making efforts to develop Uttarakhand into a good tourist destination by combining the state’s natural beauty and adventure tourism.
Representatives of the aviation company and senior police officials were also among those present on the occasion.
Saturday, 23 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Cong, NCP OK Uddhav as CM November 23, 2019
- Winter session of U’khand assembly to start from Dec’4 November 23, 2019
- State combining natural beauty & adventure to boost tourism: CM November 23, 2019
- HC directs DM to inspect alleged encroachment along Ganga in Rishikesh November 23, 2019
- 270 acres of river land encroached in Doon valley: DM November 23, 2019