Special session of U’khand Vidhan Sabha on January 7
The special session is being organised for extension of reservation to SC and ST in government jobs for further 10 years.
To extend the reservation of Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedules Tribes (ST) in government jobs for further ten years, a special session of Uttarakhand assembly would be organised on January 7. A notification for holding the special session was released on Friday. The speaker of Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha, Premchand Agarwal said that the one day special session of assembly would be held in Dehradun. He said that an arrangement of extending the benefit of reservation to the SC and ST for a period of ten years is made in the constitution. Agarwal said that since it is necessary to pass the resolution of extending the benefit of reservation in all the assemblies, a one day special session of Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha is needed to be held.
It is pertinent to mention here that the union government has recently extended the benefit of reservation in government jobs for the SC and ST for a period of ten years. Now the proposal of extending, the benefit of reservation would be tabled in all Vidhan Sabhas. After clearance from all the assemblies, the proposal would be sent to President of India.
Saturday, 28 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ABVP demands removal of semester system from all colleges December 28, 2019
- First two hours crucial for accident victims- AIIMS director December 28, 2019
- Winter affects business as arrivals dwindle in Haridwar December 28, 2019
- The Yazidi situation brought Murad along with her attorney towards the flooring associated with the U.N., in September 2016 December 28, 2019
- At 35, Mig-27 is now history for IAF December 28, 2019