Friday, 22 June 2018 | PNS | Haldwani —
Yet another soldier from Uttarakhand- Yogesh Pargain was martyred in an attack by insurgents in Nagaland on Wednesday night. The body of the 22-year old martyr is expected to reach his home here on Saturday. According to sources, Pargain of the Kumaon Regiment was returning from a night patrol in Nagaland when the patrol was attacked by insurgents. A bullet hit Pargain in the chest leading to his death. A native of Bhadrakot village in Okhalkanda, Pargain had completed his studies in 2014 and joined the army. He was currently posted in the border area of Jakhama in Nagaland. His elder brother Mukesh Pargain said that a couple of hours after Wednesdaymidnight, he got a call from the senior army officers informing him about the martyrdom of his brother. Neighbours and local public representatives reached the Pargain residence to console the bereaved family.
You might also like
- Alert across country, lens on social media November 10, 2019
- After Guv offer, BJP to take call on formation of Maha Govt today November 10, 2019
- Ram gets back his birthplace November 10, 2019
- Verdict won’t end political discourse around Mandir November 10, 2019
- People’s response reflects unity in diversity, says PM November 10, 2019