Accident occurs near Teen Dhara, Dev Prayag in Tehri district. Pilgrims of Mohali in Punjab were going to Hemkund sahib in ill fated vehicle.
Six pilgrims died and four others were injured when a big boulder fell on the vehicle they were travelling in near Dev Prayag in Tehri district on Saturday. According to the police, a mini bus (Tempo Traveller) carrying pilgrims from Chandigarh in Punjab to Hemkund Sahib in Chamoli district met with an accident at Teen Dhara area on National Highway-58 on Saturday afternoon after a big boulder fell over it.
The impact of the boulder was so intense that the vehicle was converted into rubble.
In the accident, six persons lost their lives. Surendra Kumar, Gurdeep Singh, Tejendra Pal Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Jitendra Pal Singh and driver of the vehicle Lavli Singh lost their lives. Among the injured, the conditions of Ramesh Singh and Devendra Pal are serious. They are admitted in AIIMS, Rishikesh. Other injured are Surendra Pal Singh and Amrit Pal Singh.
The police personnel and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel who rushed to the spot, took the injured to the hospital.
The Governor of Uttarakhand Baby Rani Maurya and Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat have expressed deep sorrow and grief on the death of the pilgrims.
Sunday, 29 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Online Slots…The Easy Fact Revealed November 14, 2019
- 50:50 Sena’s post-poll artifice, asserts Shah November 14, 2019
- Cabinet meeting: Start-ups to reserve 50 % jobs to locals in U’khand November 14, 2019
- No stone crushers within 3 kms of rivers November 14, 2019
- Ensure max participation in Khel Mahakumbh: Minister November 14, 2019