Shiv Sainiks protest against disinvestment of THDCIL
The Shiv Sena burnt the Union Government in effigy against the planned disinvestment of THDC India Limited. Staging a protest at Lansdowne Chowk, the Shiv Sainiks said that if the government doesn’t withdraw its decision, the party will initiatve a phased protest movement.
Shiv Sena office bearer Manoj Sarin alleged that the dictatorial attitude of the Centre is threatening the livelihoods of many in Uttarakhand and across the nation. Other leaders said that 129 villages in Tehri and Uttarkashi were submerged in construction of Tehri dam. All the issues of the thousands affected by this project have not been resolved yet. About 250 such cases are still pending in the complaint redressal cell formed by the Supreme Court.
Tuesday,03 December 2019 |PNS| Dehradun
You might also like
- Three-day exhibition ‘Flowers’ ends December 3, 2019
- MAD embarks on yet another cleanliness drive in Rispana December 3, 2019
- Police accept negligence but deny foul play in inmate’s custodial death December 3, 2019
- Bank fraud accused surrender in court December 3, 2019
- District police readies for upcoming assembly session and IMA POP December 3, 2019