As per the directions of Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) to take strict legal actions against re-encroachers and temporary encroachment at public places and main markets, district police arrested seven people under the section 151 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) on Sunday. The arrested people were presented in front of City Magistrate.
The arrested people have been identified as, 28-year old Yakub has a shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi, 28-year old Irshad has a shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi, 25-year old Muskeem has a shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi, 25-year old Shakeel alias Sonu has a shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi, 22-year old Salman, has a shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi, Gaurav Kumar, has a shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi and Rakesh Kumar has a fruit shop at Araghar Sabji Mandi.
It is pertinent to mention here that last Sunday on November 17, six shopkeepers were issued challan under the sections 83 of Police Act by Kotwali police. The encroachers were earlier warning that if found again legal actions will be taken against them. The encroachment on footpath results in pedestrians walking on road, which affects the ongoing traffic and results in slow movement of vehicles. The same case can be seen in Paltan Bazaar and surrounding markets.Attachments area.
Monday, 25 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SC asks Centre to produce Guv, Fadnavis letters today November 25, 2019
- Ajit’s claim false, no truck with BJP: Pawar November 25, 2019
- Independent candidate Gaurav Goyal elected Roorkee Mayor November 25, 2019
- Development to be ensured in villages bordering China & Nepal: CM November 25, 2019
- Seven arrested for re-encroaching on footpaths November 25, 2019