SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi
Demanding an apology from Congress president Rahul Gandhi for his utterances against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Rafale fighter air craft deal, the workers of BJP held state wide demonstration at all district headquarters on Saturday.
In provisional state capital Dehradun, the workers of the Mahanagar unit of the BJP held a vehement protest. Under the leadership of Mahanagar President Vinay Goyal the party workers assembled at the Mahangar office near Parade Ground. From here the workers marched to the Clock tower where they torched an effigy of Congress president Rahul Gandhi to the flames. Speaking on the occasion, Goyal said that Rahul Gandhi tried to malign the image of PM Modi in the Rafale deal. He said that during the run up to the Lok Sabha elections, Gandhi consistently targeted the PM with his ‘Chowkidar Chor Hai’ rhetoric but the people of the country rejected him and taught him a lesson. The Congress party was decimated in the elections and now the Supreme Court has clearly ruled that no irregularities occurred in Rafale deal. He said that Rahul Gandhi should apologise to the nation for trying to mislead people. Large number of party leaders and workers attended the protest.
Sunday, 17 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019
- U’khand starts virtual classes for 1.90 lakh students November 17, 2019
- II day of Valley of Words- Eloquent discussion on many issues held November 17, 2019
- Destitute fund helping needy at GDMC November 17, 2019