SC community members submit complaint against Ramdev
Demand action against him for ‘derogatory’ remarks
Taking umbrage to views expressed recently by Yoga guru Swami Ramdev, some members of scheduled caste community submitted a complaint to the police at the Jwalapur police station on Thursday. The complainants have raised objection to Ramdev recently stating in an interview to a new channel that the followers of BR Ambedkar promote ideological terrorism. They further complained about allegedly objectionable remarks made by him referring to Periyar.
One of the complainants, Vishal Rathore opined that Ramdev is a businessman who is trying to promote his brand by making an irresponsible statement. “He has made objectionable comments about scheduled caste persons in the past too. We are demanding that the police file a case against him and take necessary action. If the police don’t act and arrest him, we will start an agitation on November 24,” he said.
Friday, 22 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Dramatic twist in Maha political game November 23, 2019
- Cong, NCP OK Uddhav as CM November 23, 2019
- Winter session of U’khand assembly to start from Dec’4 November 23, 2019
- State combining natural beauty & adventure to boost tourism: CM November 23, 2019
- HC directs DM to inspect alleged encroachment along Ganga in Rishikesh November 23, 2019