Sanitation worker dies after spraying disinfectant in Manglaur
A sanitation worker under the Manglaur municipality died after reportedly falling sick while spraying disinfectant to contain the spread of Covid-19 on Thursday. His family members alleged that he had died due to the negligence of the municipality. The police reached the spot and have started investigation in the case.
The sanitation worker of the Manglaur municipality was spraying disinfectant to check the spread of Covid-19. His condition reportedly deteriorated while he was undertaking this task. He was taken to the Roorkee civil hospital where the doctors declared him dead. His family members alleged that the municipality had not provided masks and gloves, the absence of which caused his condition to deteriorate fatally while spraying the chemical. The police reached the hospital where the post mortem was also started.
Manglaur Kotwali inspector Pradeep Chauhan said that the condition of the sanitation worker had deteriorated while he was spraying the chemical. He was brought to the hospital where he died. Meanwhile, the municipality executive officer Shahid Ali said that sanitation workers had been provided masks and gloves to wear. How the sanitation worker died will be known only after the post mortem report is received, he added.
Friday, 26 June 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Covid-19 tally continues to rise in U’khand June 26, 2020
- CM visits 750-bed Covid Care Centre at cricket stadium June 26, 2020
- Identify sectors to facilitate jobs for people through UPNL, directs CM June 26, 2020
- Many tenants not paying rent deliberately: landlords June 26, 2020
- U’khand Cong protests petrol & diesel hike June 26, 2020