RUSA works in Varsities: Minister warns officials for delay in completion of project
The state minister for higher education Dhan Singh Rawat has said that strict action would be taken against the officials responsible for delay in execution of infrastructure projects in the universities in the state. The minister said this while undertaking a review meeting of the higher education at his Vidhan Sabha office on Monday. In the meeting the minister expressed his displeasure at slow pace of construction works in the projects taken under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA)- phase I.
On a stern note he said that action would be initiated against the officials responsible if the works are not completed on time. He said that a sum of Rs 87.43 Crore was provided under phase I of RUSA in the financial year 2019-20 for infrastructural development of universities but many have failed to spend the budget. In the meeting the progress of the works of Doon University, Kumaon University, Sridev Suman University and Uttarakhand Sanskrit University was reviewed. Senior officials of higher education department and Vice Chancellors (VC) and registrars of these universities attended the meeting.
Tuesday, 09 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Improvement in doubling rate & health facilities in State: CS June 9, 2020
- Gairsain notification Cong terms it ploy to divert focus from Covid-19 failure June 9, 2020
- Manufacturing quality products the key to make customers vocal for local June 9, 2020
- U’khand board’s remaining exams rescheduled June 9, 2020
- Kumbh Mela to be held on schedule, stresses Avadheshanand Giri June 9, 2020