On a day the Rajya Sabha entered its 250th Session on Monday, the House witnessed a makeover of the House marshals’ uniforms that have been redesigned by the National Institute of Design (NID) — from the traditional Indian attire comprising a turban to a military-style outfits with a cap. Customarily, the presiding officer of the House (Vice-President) is flanked by two marshals who march ahead of the Chairman to announce the commencement of proceedings and also assist the chair in his or her official functions, including organising the desk and providing order documents.
The all new Navy blue uniform sported an aiguillette, an ornamental braided cord with decorative metal tips for the winter months. However, it is different from military uniforms. For the summer months, the uniform will be all-white on the lines of Navy except the change in design.
Earlier, the marshals sported safari suits during the summer months and Indian bandhgalas during the winter along with turbans as head gear. On Monday, the first day of the 250th session of the House of Elders, two marshals in military-style uniforms and caps marched in ahead of the Chairman’s arrival, much to the surprise of the members.
Tuesday, 19 November 2019 | PNS | New Delhi
You might also like
- ordre de marque pas cher Furosemide. Lasix 100 mg en Suisse November 19, 2019
- Maha Pawar play: Talks with Sonia yield no results November 19, 2019
- 500 Rummy – What sort of Inexperienced Need to Execute November 19, 2019
- RS marshals’ uniform given total makeover November 19, 2019
- Buy Generic Gabapentin Online Canada November 19, 2019