Prison guards sent to jail for alleged extortion attempt
Two prison guards in Roorkee have been sent to jail for allegedly indulging in extortion on behalf of an notorious inmate. The two guards of Roorkee sub-jail allegedly demanded money from a businessman in Roorkee. The police investigated the complaint made by the businessmen and then sent the duo to the jail they were earlier guarding.
A man who runs a mobile shop in Lalkurti area of Roorkee complained to the police that two personnel working as guards in Roorkee sub-jail- Nitin Nagar and Satinder Rana visited the shop and threatened him in the name of notorious criminal Sabir who is currently in Roorkee jail. The duo allegedly demanded money from the complainant and threatened him with dire consequences on failing to pay. Sabir is a henchman of the infamous Pravin Valmiki.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Swapan Kishore Singh informed that both the accused prison guards have been arrested and sent to jail. Further investigation regrading Sabir is underway, he added.
Thursday, 21 May 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Lockdown till June 30 in 9 States; varied rules for inter-State travel June 1, 2020
- Alternate LS, RS sittings in Central Hall June 1, 2020
- Lockdown 1.0 to 4.0: 8-times corona jump June 1, 2020
- 158 new Covid-19 patients reported in U’khand on Sunday June 1, 2020
- Cabinet minister Satpal Maharaj found positive for Covid-19 June 1, 2020