In the armed robbery case at Dev Jewellers in Premnagar, district police have raided various locations in Jharkhand and Bihar to nab both the accused. Superintendent of Police (city) Shweta Choubey said that they are close to working out the case and soon the robbers will be behind bars.
According to officials, the victim Devendra, owner of the jewellery shop has also expressed his suspicion on some of his family friends, with whom he reportedly had an argument a fortnight before the incident.
It is pertinent to mention here that late afternoon on October 7, two armed robbers looted nearly Rs 60 lakh worth of jewellery and Rs 2.5 lakh cash from Dev Jewellers in Premnagar. Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi has also ordered Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Pallavi Tyagi to find out the reason behind the reported lapse on behalf of district police at checking points because of which the accused got time to escape. The district control room reportedly did not notify the police stations in suburban areas on time, because of which the check-posts there got active few minutes after the accused passed their area.
Monday, 14 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Ayodhya verdict today at 10.30am November 9, 2019
- Guv, CM greet people on State Foundation Day November 9, 2019
- Document, digitalise State history & culture: Irani November 9, 2019
- Celebratory state foundation week a farce- UKD November 9, 2019
- Latest version of EVMs for Pithoragarh by polls November 9, 2019