Police accept negligence but deny foul play in inmate’s custodial death
In the custodial death of an inmate in Sahaspur police station where he was found hanging in his cell on Saturday morning, traces of ante-mortem injuries have not been found on the body of the deceased inmate. However, as per the officials the post-mortem report is still awaited. The family of the deceased accused has also not filed any official complaint to file the case as of now.
It is pertinent to mention here that senior district officials though have accepted police negligence in the case, but they have denied any accusation of foul play or violent interrogation of the inmate by police. Following the custodial death of the inmate, two police personnel were suspended while two others were reverted to the lines.It will be recalled that 24-year old Abhinav Yadav, a native of Uttar Pradesh was found hanging in his cell at Sahaspur police station. He used part of the blanket to make a noose and then tied it around his neck to hang himself. As per the local police, the deceased was accused of attempting to rape and then blackmailing a minor.
Tuesday,03 December 2019 |PNS| Dehradun
You might also like
- Three-day exhibition ‘Flowers’ ends December 3, 2019
- MAD embarks on yet another cleanliness drive in Rispana December 3, 2019
- Police accept negligence but deny foul play in inmate’s custodial death December 3, 2019
- Bank fraud accused surrender in court December 3, 2019
- District police readies for upcoming assembly session and IMA POP December 3, 2019