The newly elected MLA said that she would try to fulfil the promises made to the people during the election campaign.
The newly elected member of Uttarakhand assembly, Chandra Pant was administered oath of office and secrecy by the speaker Prem Chand Agarwal at his office in Vidhan Sabha on Tuesday. The speaker welcomed the new member with a floral bouquet. With her taking oath the strength of the BJP in the Uttarakhand assembly has again reached to 57.
Pant was elected from Pithoragarh assembly constituency where a by election was held on November 25. The by election was necessitated after the death of the former finance and parliamentary affairs minister Prakash Pant. Later talking to the media persons, Pant said that that she would try to fulfil the promises made to the people and take Pithoragarh on path of development. The tourism and culture minister Satpal Maharaj, MLAs Khajan Das, Deshraj Karnwal, Pranav Champion and others were present on the occasion.
Wednesday, 04 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- TN amateur spots Vikram, beats NASA, ISRO December 4, 2019
- Winter session of U’khand assembly begins today December 4, 2019
- Winter session of assembly December 4, 2019
- Pithoragarh MLA Chandra Pant takes oath December 4, 2019
- Ensure proper security, behave patiently with public: SSP December 4, 2019