Union govt releases Rs 143.50 Crore under rural local bodies basic grant while state govt releases Rs 66 Crores for Panchayats
In a move which would help the Panchayat raj bodies in the state, the Union government has released the first instalment of the ‘rural local bodies’ basic grant of Rs 143.50 Crores to Uttarakhand. The amount is transferred as per the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission.
In addition to this amount the state government has provided a sum of Rs 66 Crore to the Panchayati Raj department for panchayat bodies. The department would soon transfer these sums which totals to about Rs 210 Crore to the village Panchayats and block Panchayats. The amount would be used in various development and other projects in the rural areas of the state. It is learnt that the chief minister (CM) Trivendra Singh Rawat has directed the Panchayati Raj department to transfer the funds to the bank accounts of the panchayat bodies without any delay.
The director Panchayati Raj department H C Semwal said that the department would transfer the money to the Panchayats in next two to three days. It is pertinent to mention here that all 7791 Panchayats in the state are linked with the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) platform of online transfer of funds.
Thursday, 18 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- I’m not here for fame: Radhika August 7, 2020
- Sushant death: Rhea, family members among six named in CBI case August 7, 2020
- BCCI, Vivo suspend IPL partnership for 2020 August 7, 2020
- ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ actor Samir found hanging in Mumbai home August 7, 2020
- Manoj Sinha new J&K L-G, Murmu appointed CAG August 7, 2020