U’khand becomes third state to amend Epidemic Diseases Act
The Governor Baby Rani Maurya, on Saturday, gave her assent to the Epidemic Diseases Act 1897 Uttarakhand State Amendment Ordinance. With this Uttarakhand has become the third state after Kerala and Odisha to effect an amendment in the Government of India Act.
With the said amendments in sections 2 and 3 of the Epidemic Diseases Act 1897, the provision of six month sentence and Rs 5,000 penalty is now applicable in the state on those who are found violating rules regarding the mandatory use of face mask, quarantine and other regulations pertaining to Covid-19.
According to officials, though the rules were existing, there was no compounding option due to lack of provisions in the Act. With this development, the government will now be able to strictly enforce the rules related to Covid-19 in Uttarakhand.
Sunday, 14 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Il Miglior Suhagra In Vendita. Accettiamo BTC. www.pioneeredge.in July 5, 2020
- Comprare Losartan Online Senza Ricetta. Consegna gratuita July 5, 2020
- Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim generico durante la notte. Bactrim Senza Rx July 5, 2020
- Sildenafil Citrate Ordonnance July 5, 2020
- Acheter Nolvadex Canada. Doctor Consultations gratuites July 5, 2020