MLAs to also initiate awareness campaign against polythene
The Dehradun mayor Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’ conducted a meeting with five Members of Legislative Assembly regarding the ban on polythene. The MLA from Raipur, Umesh Sharma ‘Kau’, Rajpur Road MLA Khajan Das, Dharmpur MLA Vinod Chamoli, Cantt MLA Harbans Kapoor and nominated Anglo-Indian MLA George Iwan Gregory Mann attended the meeting with the mayor. The meeting was regarding the contribution the elected representatives can make in their respective assembly constituencies to make the campaign against polythene successful.
Mayor Gama said that the MLAs have been asked to support and aid Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) in the campaign against the use of polythene and single use plastic in the city. He also said that an awareness drive will be conducted with the support of MLAs in their respective constituency areas for the same purpose.
It is pertinent to mention here that starting from October 2 strict implementation of the prohibition of polythene and plastic will be done in the state. The MCD will also start issuing challan for violation of the prohibition.
Thursday, 26 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Ray informs me over coffee and pastries in a cafe outside Washington December 4, 2019
- achat de pilules de Terbinafine – Achat Terbinafine France December 4, 2019
- Prednisone Australia * Worldwide Shipping (1-3 Days) December 4, 2019
- Get perceptive advice about your Paper writing December 4, 2019
- TN amateur spots Vikram, beats NASA, ISRO December 4, 2019