State minister Dhan Singh Rawat has refuted rumours about the possibility of him being made the officiating chief minister with the CM Trivendra Singh Rawat going under self-quarantine. Rawat went under self-quarantine as a precautionary measure after cabinet minister Satpal Maharaj tested positive for Covid-19 on Sunday, a couple of days after attending a cabinet meeting.
Following this development, some people stated on social media that there was “activity” in Delhi hinting at the possibility of Dhan Singh Rawat being made the officiating CM. Rejecting such claims, the state minister said that such rumours were being spread by anti-social elements. “Projecting me as the officiating CM is completely wrong and condemnable. I strongly condemn such people and have directed the police to take stern action against such persons. Even though the CM is under self-quarantine, during the Covid-19 pandemic, he is constantly in touch with ministers, MLAs and senior officials through video conferencing and the phone, issuing necessary instructions so that our state overcomes this global pandemic soon. I request all social media friends to not believe the false information spread on the social media,” the state minister posted on Facebook.
Tuesday, 02 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Nepal needs a shakedown before it becomes a bone for China June 2, 2020
- Big crowds in markets as U’khand govt goes into quarantine June 2, 2020
- Minister refutes rumours about officiating CM June 2, 2020
- Vikram and auto-rickshaw drivers find few passengers June 2, 2020
- SCPCR chief seeks probe into girl’s death during lockdown June 2, 2020