Mahasangh to protest against roadways buses taking retail passengers
Stating that the roadways buses are taking retail passengers because of which the city buses are bearing losses, the president of Dehradun Mahanagar City Bus Sewa Mahasangh, Vijay Vardhan Dandriyal has written a letter to the head of State Transport Authority, requesting him to intervene in the matter and take strict actions.
Dandriyal said that the roadways buses have permit to take passengers on long route, but on Vikasnagar, Dakpathar route where their route overlaps with the route of city buses, roadways buses are letting retail passengers to board and disembark from ISBT to Jhajra.
He requested that these buses should be stopped from doing so, as it is affecting the business and daily earnings of city bus owners and employees. He also warned that if the department fails to take any action they will be conducting a major protest.
It is pertinent to mention here that the Mahasangh had earlier written a similar complaint letter against three-wheelers and TATA magic, stating that they have the permit of contract carriages but they operate as stage carriages and carry retail passengers. They also claimed that the three-wheelers are only operating in the city with such hegemony because they have support from senior officials in the transport department.
Thursday, 14 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- (no title) November 14, 2019
- Governor’s decision unconstitutional November 14, 2019
- Trouble in Jharkhand November 14, 2019
- Deepika shares Ranveer’s photo November 14, 2019
- There is absolutely no contract among practitioners on who should produce the directions, although some psychologists recommend an organization that is professional including the United states Psychological Assn., might be best matched to complete the task. November 14, 2019