A group of Lithuanian citizens visiting Haridwar, influenced by the ancient culture of India registered their genealogy during their visit to Har ki Paidi here on Wednesday. While on a three-day visit to Haridwar, the group from Lithuania first performed a hawan on the banks of the Ganga.
The foreign visitors opined that the ancient Indian culture exerts a prominent influence across the world. The Teerth Purohit accompanying them at Har ki Paidi said that to his knowledge, this was the first time when visitors from abroad had registered their genealogy here. The Lithuanians opined that they felt there were many similarities between the culture of India and Lithuania. They also expressed their happiness at being in India, participating in a hawan and offering their prayers to goddess Ganga.
Thursday, 21 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- NCP for 50:50 on Maha CM post November 21, 2019
- World’s first Muslim Yoga camp starts at Kotdwar November 21, 2019
- HC serves notice, seeks reply in 4 weeks on encroachments in Doon November 21, 2019
- Bring left out families under PMAY-G- Dhan Singh November 21, 2019
- Shopkeepers ordered to stop sale & use of plastic cans November 21, 2019