In a freak incident, about four dozen goats died and 18 were injured when a leopard entered their shed to prey on them during Tuesday night. While the leopard killed a few of them, most of the goats are reported to have died from shock.
The incident occurred at Jalalgaon in the Kaladhungi range of Ramnagar forest division. On Wednesday morning, when the family members of the goat rearer- 65 year old Bachi Singh went to the shed, they found 47 goats dead while 18 were injured. The villagers said that the sawing of leopards was being heard near the village for the past few days. The villagers suspect that considering the number of goats killed, more than one leopard could have entered their shed at night. Meanwhile, chief conservator of forests, Parag Madhukar Dhakate said that while about four of the goats had been killed by leopard, the remaining goats had died from shock. The owner of the goats will be paid Rs 3,000 compensation for each goat killed, he added.The forest department team which reached the village on being informed stated that treatment of the injured goats was also facilitated. A cage will also be placed in the area to trap the leopard, said officials.
Thursday, 11 June 2020 | PNS | Kaladhungi
You might also like
- Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim generico durante la notte. Bactrim Senza Rx July 5, 2020
- Sildenafil Citrate Ordonnance July 5, 2020
- Acheter Nolvadex Canada. Doctor Consultations gratuites July 5, 2020
- Modi paying China in its enigmatic coin July 5, 2020
- Deadline for vaccine launch meant to cut red tape: ICMR July 5, 2020