Leachate treatment plant now functional at SWM plant
The Dehradun municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey informed that the leachate treatment plant has been set up and is functional at the solid waste management and recycling plant in Sheeshambada.
According to Pandey, though the Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) had assured that the treatment plant to treat the leachate generated at the solid waste management and recycling plant would start by January 31, it has been made functional before the said date. About the storage of the water treated through the leachate plant, he said that water can be used for irrigation in fields but for now, it is being used to water the plants in the area.
It is pertinent to mention here that the locals of Sheeshambada have been protesting against the waste management plant alleging that improper treatment of garbage is leading to many health issues among the residents. They have been demanding either the closure or shifting of the plant but the mayor Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’ has already made it clear that the plant will neither be shifted nor shut down. In the wake of their protest, Section 144 has also been implemented within 200 metres of the plant.
Wednesday, 29 January 2020|PNS|Dehradun
You might also like
- Acheter Propranolol Pharmacie En Ligne. acheter Inderal sur internet January 29, 2020
- Gros Réductions. Prix Viagra Super Active France January 29, 2020
- Vasotec pas chere. Pharmacie Saint-brieuc January 29, 2020
- Cialis 5 mg Livré En 24h | Réduction www.pioneeredge.in January 29, 2020
- Viagra Oral Jelly 100 mg Suisse. www.pioneeredge.in January 29, 2020