Pranjal Agarwal, son of late businessman and BJP leader Umesh Agarwal, has filed a case against Kankhal resident Ajay Magan at Kankhal police station for fraud of Rs 21.50 lakh.
According to the information received from the police, the complainant said that while suffering from a chronic disease, his father Umesh Agarwal underwent treatment at Yoga Pharmacy at Krishna Nagar in Kankhal. During the treatment, Ajay Magan and his wife Pooja Magan allegedly spoke of some therapies and assured them that using these therapies would prevent any diseases. It was also said by Ajay that they are going to open a hospital for providing therapies in Haridwar soon.
The complainant alleged that under psychological pressure, they transferred Rs 21.50 lakh in separate accounts. However, after Agarwal’s health worsened he was taken to Singapore for further treatment, where the doctors opined that the earlier treatment had not been helpful.
Kankhal police station officer Hariom Chauhan said that on the basis of the complaint, a case has been registered against Ajay Magan, his wife Pooja Magan, Rita Singh and Reena Kapoor under sections 420, 406 and 506 of IPC. Further action will be taken on the basis of the investigation, he added.
Saturday, 28 December 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
National badminton player files complaint of harassment in Kolkata, case transferred to Almora police
- ABVP demands removal of semester system from all colleges December 28, 2019
- First two hours crucial for accident victims- AIIMS director December 28, 2019
- Winter affects business as arrivals dwindle in Haridwar December 28, 2019
- The Yazidi situation brought Murad along with her attorney towards the flooring associated with the U.N., in September 2016 December 28, 2019
- At 35, Mig-27 is now history for IAF December 28, 2019