The start of the Khel Mahakumbh, organised by the state government is likely to be postponed as the organisers are yet to receive the budget from the state government. This and other issues are expected to be resolved on Wednesday.
“The Sports and Youth Welfare minister Arvind Pandey is slated to chair a meeting on Wednesday to review preparations for Khel Mahakumbh 2019,” said deputy director of Youth Welfare and Sports, Shakti Singh.
The budget and other issues are expected to be discussed and resolved in the meeting.
Preparations for organising sports competitions at the Nyay Panchayat, block and district levels will be discussed in the meeting. The Sports and Youth Welfare minister will also review the allocation of budget, final dates and delegation of work at departmental level. Arrangements for the participants at the sports venue will also be discussed in the meeting.
It is pertinent to mention here that earlier, the Khel Mahakumbh was expected to be started on November 15. More than two lakh players are expected to compete in 16 sports events including three new sports — swimming, archery and fencing which have been added for the first time this year. Sports for women will be organised at district and state level. For disabled persons it will be organised at state level only.
Wednesday, 13 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Cheap Amoxicillin Online | Pharmacy In Canada November 13, 2019
- Generic Professional Levitra 20 mg Pills Order | Canadian Pharmacy Online November 13, 2019
- Without Prescription Zocor Generic Online – Worldwide Delivery – www.pioneeredge.in November 13, 2019
- Etoricoxib Purchase Cheap November 13, 2019
- Where I Can Purchase Robaxin Generic November 13, 2019