The Khalanga bravery walk, 2019 is set to be organised on November 24 in Dehradun. The director of Shanti Foundation Society, Bhupendra Adhikari informed that many people including school kids will participate in this event. The walk will start from Nalapani to the memorial.
Office bearers of the society said that this event is being conducted to spread awareness about this aspect of history. They informed that canon shells which were found while constructing the war memorial will also be exhibited on the day of the event. People are not aware about how Gorkhas fought with courage against the British Army, they said, while adding that this walk is being organised to publicise this part of history and elicit focus on the valour of the Gorkhas.
The event organisers further informed that a cultural event will also be conducted at the memorial on the occasion. He said that not just the Gorkha community but all citizens are invited to participate in the walk and attend the cultural event.
Saturday, 23 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Uddhav’s Aghadi wins Maha cliffhanger November 27, 2019
- Rhinos to be reintroduced in Corbett November 27, 2019
- SC’s order left Fadnavis, Ajit with Hobson’s choice November 27, 2019
- Maharashtra episode- Democracy vindicated: PCC chief November 27, 2019
- Patanjali episode video goes viral November 27, 2019