The police have arrested the manager of Kamal Jewellers for the theft committed in the shop on June 29. Dehradun police arrested the accused manager Puran Thapa from Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh. Stolen jewellery amounting to about Rs 11,15,000 has been recovered.
According to information provided by the police, the accused was under debt of Rs eight lakh and on failing to return the money to the lenders, he planned to steal the jewellery.
His employers didn’t suspect him as he had been working for them for 15 years.
Superintendent of Police (city) Shweta Choubey said, “On the night of June 29, the accused Puran Thapa took jewellery from the shop saying that he was going to show it to some customer.
The employer didn’t suspect him as he had done so in the past too. However, when he did not return, the employer filed a police complaint.
We formed a team under Circle Officer (city) Shekhar Suyal.
We got information that the accused was located at the Indo-Nepal border. Following that lead our team went there, but by then he had gone to Moradabad, where we arrested him. He had gone to the border area to sell the jewellery but didn’t get the expected amount so went to Moradabad to sell it. We have recovered all of the stolen jewellery.”
Thursday, 18 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Grand Sita temple to be built at Falswadi in Pauri November 12, 2019
- Cong raises Gairsain as capital issue again November 12, 2019
- Ram Janmabhoomi judgement through the eyes of millennials November 12, 2019
- Three new sports added to Khel Mahakumbh this year November 12, 2019
- Inferior growth monitoring devices purchased for Anganwadis November 12, 2019