In the ceremony 15 officers and 26 soldiers of the Indian army would be awarded for their exemplary service to the nation.
The investiture ceremony of the western Command of Indian Army would be organised at Ranjit Singh auditorium, Clement town on Tuesday. In the ceremony the General Officer Commanding in chief (GOC in C) of western command, Lieutenant General R P Singh would felicitate 15 officers and 26 soldiers of the Indian army with gallantry awards for their exemplary service to the nation. One of the awardees will be honoured posthumously. In the ceremony, Lt Gen Singh would bestow unit citations to 16 units of the western command for their meritorious and outstanding performance.
He would also interact with the award winners. On the eve of the ceremony, a special light and sound show titled ‘Jung e Saragarhi’ was staged on Monday. The show was dedicated to the supreme sacrifice made by 21 valiant soldiers of 36th battalion of the Sikh regiment in the famous battle of Saragarhi where 21 Sikh soldiers fought against an army of 10000 Pathans to save their post.
Tuesday, 18 February 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Ayodhya, Jewar airports get Rs 2,500 crore in UP Budget February 19, 2020
- Leadership change rumours being spread by rivals, stresses Bhagat February 19, 2020
- HC issues bailable warrant against Central Transport under-secretary February 19, 2020
- Huge Revenue setback for U’khand February 19, 2020
- Cong plans assembly constituency wise protests February 19, 2020