Heavy flow of vehicles results in slow traffic on Monday
The heavy flow of vehicles on Monday created traffic congestion at several places in Dehradun. Superintendent of Police (traffic), Prakash Chandra Arya, said a long weekend usually results in heavy flow of traffic afterwards.
The traffic was comparatively slow, but the traffic jam situation was minimal. He also said that with the temporary closure of trains from Dehradun railway station, the vehicles were coming in more numbers towards the city area. However, he maintained that heavy traffic on Monday is a usual occurrence and the flow of traffic will get normal by Wednesday.
It is pertinent to mention here that initially, Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi had made traffic-related problems his priority, but even after about four months, the traffic situation in the city remains the same.
According to officials, the existing infrastructure in Dehradun and the poor road quality and potholes have cumulative effect on traffic.
Tuesday, 12 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- This is no endgame November 13, 2019
- GATE to success November 13, 2019
- Prez Rule in Maharashtra, parties relieved November 13, 2019
- NHAI aiming to complete Kumbh Mela works by June 2020 November 13, 2019
- Pithoragarh By election: Will Priyanka charisma work? November 13, 2019