Hail & rain causes Rs 26.34 crore damage to agriculture & horticulture
Uniyal directs officials to draft plans for capitalising on farming
Rain and hail have caused damage amounting to about Rs 26.34 crore to agriculture and horticulture in the state. This was stated in a meeting chaired by the State’s Agriculture and Horticulture minister Subodh Uniyal to review the damage caused to agriculture and horticulture by inclement weather.
Officials informed in the meeting that hail and rain had caused damage amounting to Rs 26.34 crore to agriculture and horticulture. This includes Rs 1.82 crore worth of damage caused in Dehradun district. Regarding this, all the district level agriculture and horticulture officers have been directed to send information about damage caused by hail and rain through the sub divisional magistrate to the Mandi Samiti. Apart from this, damage caused to flower cultivators and sellers is also being assessed. A letter will be sent to the Government of India for compensation. Regarding reverse migration, the minister directed that schemes be drafted in various sectors for providing employment to those who have returned. Horticulture mission and horticulture marketing board will set up retail outlets to facilitate employment, marketing and sales. Subsidy will be sought from the Centre while the State government will also increase its contribution for this. Uniyal also directed officials to draft plans regarding possibility of farming on barren land for returning migrants. Senior departmental officials were also present in the meeting.
Tuesday, 05 May 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Ottenere La Prescrizione Di Professional Viagra – www.pioneeredge.in May 27, 2020
- Acheter Sildenafil Citrate Generique En France * ordre de Sildenafil Citrate générique May 27, 2020
- Cymbalta La Meilleure Pharmacie En Ligne May 27, 2020
- Generique Cialis Soft En France – Spedizione in tutto il mondo – Opzioni di pagamento flessibili May 27, 2020
- prezzo al dettaglio di Topamax – Dove Comprare Topiramate In Toscana May 27, 2020