Guv attends COVID-19 video conference chaired by President
Uttarakhand governor Baby Rani Maurya participated in the video conference on COVID-19 presided over by the President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday. Along with the vice-president M Venkaiah Naidu, the president discussed issues related to the global pandemic with all the governors, lieutenant governors and administrators.
Governors of the states most affected by COVID-19 shared information about efforts and best practices in their respective states. It was suggested in the meeting that considering the current challenges, voluntary doctors and activists should be activated through Red Cross. The option of using university and college buildings as quarantine facilities if needed was also discussed. Measures to make the citizens observe the lockdown and ensuring availability of essential commodities were also deliberated upon. The president and vice president also discussed enhancement of public awareness along with efforts of the private sector and civil society during the video conference.
Saturday, 28 March 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- CM deputes ministers to monitor COVID-19 situation in districts March 28, 2020
- Depute older personnel to office tasks: DG March 28, 2020
- 1,528 arrested in state so far for violating lockdown March 28, 2020
- Thousands of poor U’khandis stranded in Delhi, other areas March 28, 2020
- Guv attends COVID-19 video conference chaired by President March 28, 2020