The government veterinary hospital at Kanwali Road will operate from its Ajabpur campus from Tuesday due to the objections of the people living near the Kanwali Road facility. According to veterinarian Dr Kailash Uniyal, the old campus is in the ground floor of a residential building at Kanwali Road where several people come with their pets on a daily basis. In view of maintaining social distance due to the threat of novel coronovirus (COVID-19), the residents expressed their concern about the visits by numbers of people to the hospital daily. Therefore, the hospital administration decided to operate from the veterinary hospital in Ajabpur instead of Kanwali road from Tuesday as it is not as close to residents as the Kanwali Road facility, said Dr Uniyal. He added that their hospital will be providing only emergency services till March 31. It is pertinent to mention here that veterinary services have also been designated as essential services by the government. These will remain open during the lockdown period.
Tuesday, 24 March 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Sara Ali Khan does yoga by swimming pool August 3, 2020
- Shah tests Covid +ve, hospitalized August 3, 2020
- Covid-19 Patient count surges to 7593 in U’khand August 3, 2020
- Sweets business picks up on weekend after months August 3, 2020
- Rakshabandhan: CM announces Rs 1,000 each for Anganwadi & Asha workers, free travel for women in UTC buses August 3, 2020