Govt orders immediate stop on deposition of all school fees
Taking cognisance of some private schools asking the guardians of students to deposit fees, the state government has ordered an immediate stop on deposition of fees in all schools across the state. In the order issued by education secretary R Meenakshi Sundaram to all district magistrates, it was stated that all educational institutions in the state have been closed till further orders to stall the spread of COVID-19.
It has come to the notice of the administration that some unaided/private schools are pressurising the guardians of students to pay their fees immediately. This is not right in a situation wherein a state-wide lockdown is in place as preventive measure against the spread of novel coronavirus. Considering this, the government has ordered an immediate stop on deposition of all types of fee in all government, unaided/private schools affiliated to CBSE, ICSE, State and other boards. The process of depositing the fees should be undertaken only after the situation returns to normal and the schools reopen.
Thursday, 26 March 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- POPULAR, And yet CAN IT BE Genuinely SECURE AND EFFICIENT? March 26, 2020
- Day after headlong rush, Govt ensures supplies March 26, 2020
- 606 infected; 1st death in MP, TN March 26, 2020
- COVID-19 reaches the hills March 26, 2020
- U’khand assembly passes budget of Rs 53536.97 Crore March 26, 2020