Kumbh Mela officer Deepak Rawat is trying to give momentum to the Kumbh Mela works which stalled due to the lockdown imposed to contain the spread of COVID-19. After the commencement of the Mela works in Haridwar, Rawat inspected the works along with other officials and directed them to maintain quality of work and motivate the workers.
The Kumbh Mela officer recently inspected the highway construction works along with the underground cable project. He also inspected all the ongoing works from Haridwar to Manglaur, checked the construction of the bridge being carried out by the irrigation department near Ranipur Jhal and also inspected the construction work in Roorkee.
On Wednesday, Rawat inspected the Haridwar hill bypass. This route is of considerable importance especially for the Kumbh Mela. He said that with the help of Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, a detailed study of landslides has been after which the PWD prepared a project worth Rs 34 crore. The administration is working on some objections raised by the wildlife board. If these are not resolved, the administration will work on an alternative plan. Additional Mela officers Lalit Narayan Mishra and Harbir Singh and other officials were also present during the inspections.
Thursday, 07 May 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- U’khand to impose COVID cess on liquor May 7, 2020
- Case lodged on fake post on CM’s demise spread on Facebook May 7, 2020
- Stranded Bengalis protest against WB Govt for ignoring them May 7, 2020
- Expedite Kumbh Mela works & ensure quality: Rawat May 7, 2020
- Punish officials in lockdown violation case by UP MLA: Pritam May 7, 2020