Drive against traffic offences to be held from December 1
Uttarakhand Traffic Directorate is planning to start a drive against traffic offences. As per the orders of Director, Traffic, Kewal Khurana, from December 1, a campaign will be initiated in the State to check wrong number plates and without number plates, people driving without driving licence and minor driving or riding.
According to the traffic officials, campaigns against traffic offences are a routine for State police.
As it is difficult to keep a check on all traffic offences at once, such campaigns are conducted to focus on specific traffic offences each time. The upcoming campaign will be against vehicles which are on road without number plate or with wrong number plate, minor driving and people without proper documents especially licence.
It is pertinent to mention here that according to senior transport and traffic officials, the major cause behind maximum number of road accidents are traffic offences.
Thursday, 21 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- NCP for 50:50 on Maha CM post November 21, 2019
- World’s first Muslim Yoga camp starts at Kotdwar November 21, 2019
- HC serves notice, seeks reply in 4 weeks on encroachments in Doon November 21, 2019
- Bring left out families under PMAY-G- Dhan Singh November 21, 2019
- Shopkeepers ordered to stop sale & use of plastic cans November 21, 2019