A Dehradun based doctor has claimed that combination of three different drugs can be used effectively in the treatment of patients of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Dr Amit Varma who is Head of Department (HoD) of medicine at SGRR institute of medical and health sciences claimed that these three drugs from two different classes might prevent the entry of the virus inside the human cells and thus, would prevent infection or reduce the severity of the infection. He said that out of these three drugs, two are being used for treatment of disease like pancreatitis and rheumatoid arthritis while the third have never been used for any other indication. Dr Varma however added that the proposed treatment awaits approval by authorities concerned. He said that he has applied for patent of the combination.
Thursday, 07 May 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- U’khand to impose COVID cess on liquor May 7, 2020
- Case lodged on fake post on CM’s demise spread on Facebook May 7, 2020
- Stranded Bengalis protest against WB Govt for ignoring them May 7, 2020
- Expedite Kumbh Mela works & ensure quality: Rawat May 7, 2020
- Punish officials in lockdown violation case by UP MLA: Pritam May 7, 2020