DIG orders review in delayed payment under Solatium fund scheme
Director of Uttarakhand Traffic Directorate, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Kewal Khurana has passed orders to all districts to submit the review report regarding the carelessness in Solatium fund scheme.
As per the information provided by traffic directorate, it came under the cognisance of DIG Khurana that victim parties have not been getting compensation fund in Hit and Run cases in Uttarakhand. He has asked the districts to investigate in the matter and submit a report explaining why the payments are being delayed.
It is pertinent to mention here that in hit and run cases the victim party is eligible for compensation through a Special Fund constituted in terms of Section 163 of the Motor Vehicles Act also known as Solatium Fund. The amount of Compensation is Rs 25,000 in the case of death and Rs12,500 in the case of grievous injuries. A portion of the Gross Written Premium is contributed towards this Fund every year by both Public and Private Insurers. However, in case the vehicle does not have insurance, the victim party has the right to claim compensation from the owner or the driver of the said vehicle under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
Saturday, 07 December 2019 |PNS|Dehradun
You might also like
- Police hold safety awareness event for girls December 7, 2019
- CM pays homage to Home Guards December 7, 2019
- RUCO Express launched in Dehradun IIP to make biofuel from used cooking oil December 7, 2019
- DIG orders review in delayed payment under Solatium fund scheme December 7, 2019
- Extrajudicial justice for Hyd rapists-killers December 7, 2019