In protest against failure of health department to curtail the onslaught of dengue, the Congress workers organised a ‘Gherao’ of the Director General (DG) of state health services at health directorate on Wednesday. The vice president of the state unit of Congress party, Surya Kant Dhasmana led the congress workers. Dhasmana said that the health department has adopted a nonchalant attitude on the disease and it has failed miserably in controlling the disease. He said that immediate and effective steps should be taken to control the disease in Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Haldwani and Kotdwar.
The Congress leader claimed that 50 deaths have so far occurred in Dehradun due to dengue this season but neither the state government nor the health department is taking any cognizance of these deaths. He warned that the congress party would be forced to launch a massive agitation if the health department continues to be in slumber on dengue.
Thursday, 12 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019
- U’khand starts virtual classes for 1.90 lakh students November 17, 2019
- II day of Valley of Words- Eloquent discussion on many issues held November 17, 2019
- Destitute fund helping needy at GDMC November 17, 2019
- Govt employee caught red handed while taking bribe November 17, 2019