Decision on Roster: Gen OBC association plans to challenge in Court
The contentious issue of reservation could flare up again in coming days with the General OBC employees association of Uttarakhand gearing itself up to oppose the change made in the reservation roster in new recruitment. The association which emerged victorious in its protracted agitation against reservation in promotions is now planning to initiate a legal battle on the issue of reservation roster. The President of the General OBC employee association, Deepak Joshi said that decision to remove general candidate from the first position in the roster for recruitment is unfortunate. He said that the association would file a RTI to know the reason behind increasing reservation percentage from 18 to 19 percent in the year 2001. Similarly the association is collecting the facts which led the government to initially allot the first position in recruitment roster to general candidates and then changing its decision in favor of SC candidates. Joshi added that the decision would be challenged in the court on the basis of these facts.
It is pertinent to mention here that on September 11 last year, the Uttarakhand government issued a new policy of reservation roster in government services, corporations, public enterprises and educational institutions. Under the policy the first five places in the roster of new recruitment were kept for candidates of general category while the sixth position was earmarked for SC candidates. In the pattern followed earlier, the first position was kept for SC candidates. After a furore created on the issue by the SC and ST community and objection raised by the senior cabinet minister Yashpal Arya, the state government constituted a new Cabinet committee headed by Madan Kaushik on the issue. On the recommendation of Kaushik committee and approval of the cabinet, the Uttarakhand government took a U turn on March 19 which restored the first position in roster to SC.
Tuesday, 23 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- LAC parleys on, but no breakthrough June 23, 2020
- Covid-19 count mounts to 2402 in U’khand June 23, 2020
- HC asks which scientific techniques can be used to find remains of Kedarnath disaster victims June 23, 2020
- District admin trying to develop online system by August 15 June 23, 2020
- SCPCR seeks probe into alleged forced conversion of children June 23, 2020