Friday, 13 July 2018 | PNS | Kashipur —
The Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat announced that the State Government would bring a Bill for awarding death penalty to the rapists of minor girls.
The CM made this important announcement while talking to media persons after the meeting of State working committee of Bharatiya Janta Party in Kashipur on Thursday. On the lines of BJP ruled Madhya Pradesh, the Uttarakhand Government is planning to bring in the Bill of capital punishment for child rapists in the ensuing monsoon session of the State Assembly. The award of death penalty needs changes in the section 376 of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
After the approval of the State assembly the Bill would be sent to the Union Government for necessary action.
Rawat, further, averred that as promised, the State Government had succeeded in providing corruption-free Governance to the public in its term so far.
He said that the party workers will have to focus their efforts on the cooperative elections to be held in the coming days.
They should raise public awareness at the booth level about the welfare schemes of the Government while also encouraging the public to benefit from these schemes.
You might also like
- AI crash probe on amid speculation August 9, 2020
- Not wearing mask in public- pay Rs 200 fine, receive four washable masks August 9, 2020
- CM presents Teelu Rauteli Award to 21 achievers August 9, 2020
- Highest single day spike of Covid-19 in U’khand August 9, 2020
- Salary deduction of MLAs August 9, 2020