Want a secure future for my sons: Kamala Rawat
Crowdfunding helped the distressed family of Kavindra Singh who was the descendant of surveyor Nain Singh Rawat. Kavindra Singh who was in the fifth generation of Nain Singh had taken loan from State Bank of India (SBI). Unfortunately he died on July 15, 2019 leaving behind two small kids and wife Kamala Rawat. An outstanding loan amount of Rs 20 lakh was a big burden on Kamala and her 90 year old mother in law.
Some well wishers of the family started a campaign and collected a sum of Rs 22.5 lakh from crowd funding for the distressed family. The Johar Saukar Senior Citizen Committee (JSSCC) has also collected a sum of Rs 1.89 for the family. Kunwar Singh Dharmshaktu of JSSCC said that the amount would be put in a bank for two little sons of Kavindra Singh. Societal efforts also ensured that the Survey of India provided a contractual job to Kamala Rawat in Dehradun. Holding her two sons, seven year old Pranjal and three year old Adi, Kamala said that she wants a secure future for her and her sons. “I want that the state government provide a permanent job to me so that I can take care of my family,’’ she said.
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
Rakshabandhan: CM announces Rs 1,000 each for Anganwadi & Asha workers, free travel for women in UTC buses
- Sara Ali Khan does yoga by swimming pool August 3, 2020
- Shah tests Covid +ve, hospitalized August 3, 2020
- Covid-19 Patient count surges to 7593 in U’khand August 3, 2020
- Sweets business picks up on weekend after months August 3, 2020
- Rakshabandhan: CM announces Rs 1,000 each for Anganwadi & Asha workers, free travel for women in UTC buses August 3, 2020