Court approves counsel’s request for recording client’s statement on video
The lawyer representing the woman who has accused All World Gayatri Parivar head Pranav Pandya of rape appealed in the court in Haridwar on Tuesday to enable recording the alleged victim’s statement under section 164 through video. The appeal was accepted by the court.
It will be recalled that a woman from Chhattisgarh had accused Pandya of rape during 2010. The Haridwar senior superintendent of police Senthil Avudai Krishna Raj S has deputed women helpline in-charge Meena Arya to investigate this case.
On Monday, the police reached Shantinkunj to question the accused and recorded his statement. On Tuesday, the alleged victim’s lawyer AP Singh- who had also represented the accused in the Nirbhaya gang rape case—appeared in court requesting that his client’s statement under section 164 be recorded via video. Talking to media persons later, Singh claimed that he and his client’s witnesses were under danger. Meanwhile, Pandya has strongly rejected the allegations.
Wednesday, 03 June 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- LAC stand-off may end after June 6: Rajnath June 3, 2020
- Over 2 lakh corona +ve in India June 3, 2020
- Covid-19 patients surge past 1000 mark in U’khand June 3, 2020
- Discharge, readmission fiasco at AIIMS June 3, 2020
- State’s Covid statistics still better than national figures: CS June 3, 2020