Collection of tax on commercial buildings to start in new wards
The Municipal Corporation (MCD) has recently finalised its take on levying commercial property tax in the 40 new wards. According to deputy municipal commissioner Rohitash Sharma, the MCD will not charge property tax on residential buildings property tax will be charged on commercial buildings in the new wards. “We have been planning this for some time now. Finally the authorities have made the decision to impose tax on commercial buildings in the 40 new wards,” said Sharma.
“The tax collection will be completed in about two weeks in which about Rs seven crore is expected to be collected,” he added.
Sharma said that tax will be collected on about 8,000 buildings. The government has waived off property tax on residential buildings in the new wards for 10 years.
“The tax collected will be used to provide services in various wards of MCD and for the welfare of people,” said Sharma.
When asked about those opposing this move, Sharma said that they were informed from time to time that tax collection from commercial buildings will begin soon in the 40 wards.
“We had sent them a notice earlier which means that we made our point clear in front of them. We also gave them chance to speak about their issues,” informed Sharma.
Saturday, 30 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Security tightened for VP’s visit, police conduct full dress rehearsal November 30, 2019
- Naidu to pay homage to martyr in village today November 30, 2019
- Char Dham Shrine Board: Cong supports Teerth Purohits and stakeholders November 30, 2019
- Cong demands rollback of tax on commercial buildings November 30, 2019
- Collection of tax on commercial buildings to start in new wards November 30, 2019