Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated Doon Haat built by the MSME department with NABARD assistance at IT Park on Thursday. He said that this site will emerge on the lines of Delhi Haat as a destination where tourists and locals visit to buy local products while getting a chance to learn about the regional culture and arts.
The traditional arts and crafts of the state will get a boost with this development, he said. Those visiting Uttarakhand often ask about the local specialties and products. The Doon Haat will provide them various local products in one place, said Rawat. He also presented the Uttarakhand Shilp Ratna Award 2018 to Bina Pundir, Usha Nakoti, Kishan Ram, Bhuwan Chandra Shah and Lalita Prasad. Principal secretary Manisha Panwar and industry director Sudhir Nautiyal also addressed the gathering on the occasion.
Friday, 13 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- MCD issues 20 notices for defacement of public property December 13, 2019
- Assam explodes, 3 die in CAB fire December 13, 2019
- CM directs steps for crowd management in Kumbh Mela December 13, 2019
- Candid Notes December 13, 2019
- CM inaugurates Doon Haat December 13, 2019