A 12 year old boy sustained a gunshot wound and eight others were injured when a fight broke out between two groups in Kotwal Alampur village of Jhabreda in Roorkee late on Friday night. Jhabreda police station officer Ravindra Shah said that few days ago a person named Shahnawaz was attacked after which he lodged an FIR against three unidentified people. The police called two suspects for questioning and after returning from the police stations, these two suspects and others allegedly entered into a fight with the complainant’s side. Shah said that the Pradhan’s brother Yaqub and Ehsan have had a rivalry for a year now.
These two sides were fighting on Friday night and when the police reached the site, they pelted stones at the police. A 12-year-old watching the fight was shot but is reported to be out of danger while eight others were also injured. The police have booked a case under IPC and Disaster Management Act against 30 unidentified people. Haridwar superintendent of police (Rural) Swapan Kishore Singh said that a case has been registered on the basis of complaints received from both sides. Efforts are on to arrest the culprits.
Sunday, 17 May 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Alternate LS, RS sittings in Central Hall June 1, 2020
- Lockdown 1.0 to 4.0: 8-times corona jump June 1, 2020
- 158 new Covid-19 patients reported in U’khand on Sunday June 1, 2020
- Cabinet minister Satpal Maharaj found positive for Covid-19 June 1, 2020
- State Govt issues guidelines for Unlock 1 in U’khand June 1, 2020