CBI nabs Rs 800 crore loan scam accused from Haridwar
A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team which came from Mumbai held a steel merchant from a hotel in Haridwar on Friday morning. The special crimes division of CBI which handles economic offences nabbed the steel merchant who was allegedly involved in Rs 800 crore bank loan scam and was absconding from Mumbai.
The accused had come to Haridwar two days ago along with his wife. On Friday morning the team arrested him and went back to Mumbai. On Thursday night Rajesh Basant Kushalani and Ganesh Burde of CBI special crimes division had met Haridwar senior superintendent of police Senthil Avoodai K Raj S and informed that they had ascertained the location of the accused in Haridwar.
The Haridwar SSP assured necessary assistance to the CBI team and directed the Local Intelligence Unit (LIU) in-charge Rajiv Chauhan for follow up. On Thursday late night with the help of LIU, the CBI team raided a hotel at Jassaram road in Haridwar and arrested the accused.
Speaking to this correspondent, Haridwar police station in-charge Pravin Singh Koshiyari said that the accused is Vijay Rajendra Gupta a resident of Kandivali East, Mumbai. Six cases were registered against him in Mumbai. The steel merchant had taken loan from SBI Thane, Maharashtra.
Saturday, 28 September 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Prez Rule in Maharashtra, parties relieved November 13, 2019
- NHAI aiming to complete Kumbh Mela works by June 2020 November 13, 2019
- Pithoragarh By election: Will Priyanka charisma work? November 13, 2019
- Smart phones-Anganwadi workers to observe protest November 13, 2019
- Harrawala Railway station to get better basic facilities and security November 13, 2019